Buying a new laptop

Discussion in 'Shortcircuit City' started by 19teal93lx, Nov 15, 2012.

1. 19teal93lx

19teal93lx I'm only 5'8" and I have a small penis.

Any suggestions?

Will be used for:
    web browsing
    email
    photo storage/light editing
    fapping
    NO GAMING

Are there any brands to stay away from? And does anyone have experience with Windows 8?
  2. Flash!

Flash! Some say he once threw a microwave oven at a tramp

Budget? Any particular size?

I would completely avoid Gateway and eMachines. At the lower end I would also personally avoid Samsung, Toshiba and Asus simply because it's more difficult to get support, although there are some exceptions.

There is a learning curve associated with W8. It will be steeper for power users of W7 simply because many of the shortcuts have changed. It would be ideal for touchscreen devices but I think it's less than ideal for non-touchscreen devices, but it's growing on me. I would not hesitate to buy a new computer with W8.
  3. Sk1n

Sk1n My pitbull has balls as nice as mine

LMAO @ Gateway and eMachines!

Get the new Google book. It covers everything in your criteria.
  4. 19teal93lx

Less than $500. 15.6"+.
    I was really surprised to see W8 was a touch-based OS. Can you still use a mouse at all?
    The Google Chromebook? Or whatev? They aren't ideal for storing photos or running other programs besides a web browser from what I've seen.
  5. 19teal93lx

Wound up getting an Asus last night. So far, so good lol. W8 is definitely going to take some getting used to. I hate how when you click on an app it takes a few seconds to load and the screen is sooo bright from whatever color the tile is until it does come up.
    And the fucking idiot sold me a printer that's not compatible with W8.
  6. Sk1n

Sk1n My pitbull has balls as nice as mine

Asus is a good choice. I have one of their mini faptops, and I'm pleased.